- Missoula Children's Theatre: The Tortoise Versus The Hare
- Posted Jan. 20, 2012 midnight
- Around 60 local and area youth appeared on stage at Gary Dickinson Performing Arts Center Saturday afternoon for two performances of Missoula Children’s Theater’s production of the musical, “The Tortoise Versus the Hare.” The students, ranging in grades from kindergarten through 12th grade, were cast for the play, and among the roles were the scaly reptiles (shown above). The Missoula Children’s Theatre touring production came complete with costumes, scenery, props and makeup. Auditions were held last Monday, and the cast rehearsed daily until the performances. The production was sponsored by the Chillicothe Area Arts Council, through funding from the Roger A. Browning Foundation and the Missouri Arts Council.
More Photo Galleries
Subscribe to our print edition today and keep up with all the latest news and views from our community.
- Top Stories
- New pond near hole #9 at Chillicothe Country Club
- ‘Magical’ event planned at Swan Lake Wildlife Refug...
- R-2 discusses funding for professional development
- Facade Work Begins
- Sliced Bread contest winners announced
- Uncooperative weather causes headaches for local producers
- Pharoahs is topic for library program
- Route C closing near Dawn to close for IC&E crossing work
- Roof bids, extra duty salary schedule on R-2 agenda
- Inaugural Sliced Bread Jam Bluegrass Festival strums good time
- Rural Roots to perform
- Read more top stories