|
|
|
|
Chillicothe News - Chillicothe, MO
    • Home Photo Galleries  Photo
    • Liberty 4-H Club renovates Swain School

    • The Liberty 4-H Club of Livingston County hosted an Open House Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012, to celebrate the completion of work to renovate the Swain School House. The $30,000 project restores a piece of history and their meeting place. The one-room school house was built in 1878. Since 1950, the building has been the Liberty 4-H Clubhouse. During the past several years, the club has worked to relocate and renovate the structure, with grant support from the Missouri 4-H Foundation, funded by the Doane Endowment, as well as Pioneer Hi-Bred, International, Inc. and William T. Kemper Foundation community service grants. There was also local fundraising and more than 800 hours of work from both adult and youth volunteers. The building is located at U.S. Highway 65 and Route Z, about 5 miles south of Chillicothe. Photographs in this photo gallery were provided by Diane Davis, a former 4-H parent and project leader, unless otherwise noted. 

      Posted Oct. 12, 2012