The filing period for candidates wishing to have their names appear on the April 2 ballot for municipalities and school boards, closed at 5 p.m. Tuesday.
Filing opened on Tuesday, Feb. 26, at 8 a.m., at the Livingston County Clerk's office, on the second floor of the courthouse in Chillicothe.
There were 16 filings, total, in that span.
The only run-offs that appear to be on the ballot are for the Chillicothe Ambulance District 6 position and for the Livingston County Health Center Board of Trustees, whereas, the Health Center is looking to fill three seats with four candidates.
The following is a list of candidates who filed for office during the allotted timeframe:
• Chuck Haney, Mayor;
• Richard L. Knouse, Constable;
• Rozanne Frampton, City Clerk;
• Theresa Gatson Kelly, City Auditor;
• Reed Dupy, 1st Ward Councilman;
• Wayne D. Cunningham, 2nd Ward Councilman;
• Tom Douglas, 3rd Ward Councilman;
• Paul Howard, 4th Ward Councilman;
• David M. Moore, Councilman-At-Large
• Pat Henry, Chillicothe Ambulance District 6;
• Alvin Roger Thompson, Ambulance District 6;
• Richard B. Smith, Chillicothe Ambulance District 3;
• Darlene Hughes, Livingston County Health Center Board of Trustees;
• Alvina Benskin, Livingston County Health Center Board of Trustees;
• Doug Doughty, Livingston County Health Center Board of Trustees;
• Marilyn Brodmerkle, Livingston County Health Center Board of Trustees
There will not be a school board election due to only two candidates, Robin Westphal and Robin L. Quinn, filing for the two open positions.