During executive session on Tuesday evening, the Chillicothe R-2 Board of Education accepted the following retirement resignations with regrets, effective at the end of the 2012-13 school year:
• Tim Riekena, Chillicothe Middle School, Mathematics
• Tami Riekena, Dewey School, First Grade
• Laurie Hardie, Chillicothe Middle School, Guidance Counselor
• Deanna Morgan, Chillicothe High School, Mathematics
• Mary Pauley, Chillicothe High School, Spanish and English
• and Susan Norris, Elementary School Guidance Counselor.
Both Tim and Tami Riekena were selected as Chillicothe R-2 Teachers of the Year, with Tim being the most recent recipient just this past year (2012-13). Tami received her award during the 2007-08 school year.
Per district records, Norris is the longest-tenured staff member within the R-2 district, with 32 years of service. Tami Riekena has been with the district for 30 years; Tim for 29. Morgan has taught for R-2 for 19 years. Hardie has been with the district for 18 years, and Pauley has been teaching with R-2 for 14 years.
The board also officially hired Susan Hopper as Dewey School Administrative Assistant during Tuesday night's closed session.