The AARP Tax-Aide program will agin this year provide free federal and state tax preparation for taxpayers with low-to-moderate incomes. There is no age limit. Of special interest for seniors, is the Missouri Property Tax Credit, where certain individuals may be eligible to receive up to $1,100 for real estate taxes paid or $750 for rent paid.
This service will be available from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Wednesdays, beginning Feb. 6, and continuing through April 10, at the Grand River Multi-Purpose Center, 607 W. Old Highway 36, in Chillicothe. Additional information may be obtained and reservations made by contacting the Chillicothe RSVP office at 660-646-0010.
What you will need to bring:
• Photo identification for taxpayer and spouse;
• Social Security cards for all household members;
• Last year's income tax return;
• Income documents (all W-2s, 1099s, etc.)
• Rent documentation, if filing for the Property Tax Credit;
• Daycare and/or education information, if applicable;
• Interest/dividend information;
• Information for itemized deductions, if applicable (including, but not limited to: mortgage interest, medical expenses and health insurance premiums, paid real estate and property taxes, information on any contributions.