In his reports on the Chillicothe R-2 School District's maintenance, facilities, and custodial services departments -- the likes of which will be presented to the Board of Education on Tuesday night (March 19) -- R-2 Assistant Superintendent Jim Ruse laid out several items pertaining to facility upgrades that are coming for the district in the near future.
"We understand we still have areas in our buildings needing improvements," the report says.
Per Ruse's report:
• R-2 will be continuing their districtwide sewer line upgrades this summer (specifically, the Chillicothe Middle School, who is also receiving a new grease trap in their kitchen, is mentioned here);
• Dewey School will be receiving a new set of steps and a ramp by their office front door;
• And, an upgraded sidewalk and bus loading area will be implemented in front of Garrison Preschool.
In the district's "goals" section, a few more items of note are mentioned:
• The final bits of major roof work "for awhile" over at Dewey School will be completed this summer;
• Roof work will begin at the Chillicothe High School over the summer;
• And interior room locks are currently being worked on at Garrison, Field, CMS, and Central.
Also of note:
• In Ruse's report on the district's transportation department, he states that "A goal for [the] Transportation [department] is to continue placing cameras on all buses."