Both the Chillicothe Fire Department and Chillicothe Police Department respond to a call concerning a house being filled with smoke. Fire Chief Darrell Wright firefighters were dispatched to Green Hills Community Action Center, 1113 Cooper St., at about 11:50 a.m., on March 20. Before arriving crews were notified that the fire had been put out.

Fire crews worked with an officer from the police department to remove the dryer. Wright reported limited damage to the house. Smoke and extinguisher dust was cleared from the house using ventilation.