Chillicothe Arts Council season starts July 10
The Chillicothe Area Arts Council will kick off its season with a performance by Southern Raised at 3 p.m., on July 10, in conjunction with Sliced Bread Days.
Southern Raised is an award-winning group, "trained in classical music but raised in the bluegrass soaked Ozark Mountains," according to the group's website. "They have created a Southern Raised trademark sound where classical meets bluegrass and city streets meets country roads."
The group is described as having a progressive sound that spans Christian Country/ Bluegrass, Celtic and Classical.
Collectively they have received nominations from Singing News Fan Awards, Diamond Awards, Front Porch Fellowship and a staggering 32 SPBGMA Midwest nominations, Bass Performer of the Year, nominated 4- time Fiddle Performer of the Year, Band of the Year, Vocal Group of the Year, Christian Country Album of the Year, to name a few.
Southern Raised performance will kick off the Chillicothe Area Arts Council season, however, there is a schedule full of shows for people of all ages. This season's concert line-up includes,
- Sliced Bread Days: July 10, 3 p.m., - features “Southern Raised” Bluegrass Band;
- “Together Again”: August 1, 3 p.m. - Piano concert featuring Betty Preston Steele and Jamie Pauls;
- Chautauqua in the Park: Sept.11 - 12 - Simpson Park
- “Guthrie Brothers”: Sunday, October 10, 3 p.m. - Presenting music of “Simon & Garfunkel” & “Everly Brothers” ;
- “Doyle Dykes & Andy Leftwich”: Nov. 21, 3 p.m. - Music of Christmas with guest Rachel Leftwich.
All shows will be held at the Gary Dickinson Performing Arts Center.
Season tickets are now on sale. Adults are $75; students K-College $35. Season tickets will be mailed upon receipt of payment. For more information, call or text the arts office: 660-646-1173 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.