Area bridges part of FARM program
Several area bridges are scheduled to be replaced as part of the Missouri Department of Transportation’s (MoDOT) FARM Bridge Program.
The bridge on Route B over Smokey Branch in Linn County, north of Meadville, will close on Monday, Oct. 25 for construction and will remain closed until the end of February 2022.
MoDOT has 31 weight-restricted, poor condition bridges in northern Missouri to replace under federally-funded FARM program.
The plan is to have all 31 bridges will be replaced by October 2023.
There are no posted detours on most of these projects. MoDOT says on this bridge, average annual traffic volume is 190, and the bridge was built in 1954.
The full list of the bridges to be replaced includes:
- Route D, Chariton County, Clark Branch;
- Route D, Chariton County, East Fork Bee Branch;
- Route W, Grundy County, Gees Branch;
- Route N, Grundy County, no creek;
- Route B, Linn County, Smokey Branch;
- Route C, Linn County, West Yellow Creek;
- Missouri Route 139, Linn County, Lewis Creek;
- Route WW, Linn County, Van Dorsen Creek;
- Route C, Livingston County, Shoal Creek; and
- Route Y, Macon County, Hoover Creek.