CEF Prize Patrol awards Mini Grants to R-II educators
Several Chillicothe R-II staff members received good news Wednesday morning when Chillicothe R-II Superintendent Dr. Dan Wiebers, Chillicothe Education Foundation (CEF) President Ed Douglas and CEF Board members surprised them with certificates naming them winners of the 2021-22 Mini Grant Winners for the first semester.
The Chillicothe Education Foundation funds the mini-grant competition each semester in its commitment to supporting excellence in education. This round of mini-grant winners included 11 applications which totaled $4,418.28 in winnings. The funds from the grants will be used to enhance the classroom experience and upgrade equipment throughout the district.
Wiebers expressed his thanks to the Chillicothe Education Foundation and noted that the competition for these grants is always very competitive and the latest installment of entries was no exception. He noted that there were 24 applications for mini grants this Fall.
“We just have incredible teachers and staff members willing to go the extra mile to make sure our students are thriving in our buildings,” Wiebers said. “Thanks to the continuing support of the Chillicothe Education Foundation, our staff can utilize new and different technology and teaching strategies to keep students interested, involved and excited about learning new things.”
The winners of the 2021-22 Mini Grants for the first semester were:
- Libby Howe & Ellen Gott - Dewey - Bringing Reading and Writing to Life: $500;
- Buffy Tipton & Amanda Marsh - CHS - High School Small Group Counseling: $200;
- Shelby Holcer - CES - Wiggle While We Work: $453.88;
- Penny Kennebeck - CHS - We Shall Never Forget: $137.69;
- Brandi Ellis & Mandy Gaston - Field - Tapping the Power of Non-Fiction: $380 (Palmer Award);
- Denise Toole, GRTS - GRTS Engineering and Tech Math: $500;
- Kathy DeBoer - CMS - Ancient History S.T.E.M. Challenges: $449;
- Ellen Duckworth - CHS - Can You Hear Me Now?: $500;
- Brooke Wolf - CES - Math Tools for All!: $492.07;
- Terria Cox & Nancy Burtch - Field/Grand River Technical School - Grand River Tech Tadpoles: $371.64; and
- Lily Pyrtle - CES - Designing & Building with Littles - $434.