Georgia at Arkansas odds, picks and best bets
The season opens in the SEC for the Georgia Bulldogs and the Arkansas Razorbacks on Saturday at Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium for a 4 p.m. ET kickoff. We analyze Georgia at Arkansas college football betting odds and lines, with picks and best bets.
Georgia at Arkansas: Betting odds and lines
- Moneyline : Georgia (-3334) / Arkansas (+1200)
- Against the spread/ATS : Georgia (-28, -110) / Arkansas (+28, -110)
- Over/Under : OVER 52.5 (-110) / UNDER 52.5 (-110)
Georgia at Arkansas: Three things to know
- Jamie Newman was slated to start for Georgia in this contest, but he opted out of the 2020 season and now USC transfer QB JT Daniels is expected to start, if healthy.
- Starting at quarterback for Arkansas will likely be former Florida QB Feleipe Franks. His best collegiate season came in 2018 when he threw 24 touchdowns to just six interceptions.
- Arkansas has quickly fallen to the bottom of the SEC's rankings as they have now lost nine-straight contests dating back to 2019. They are now 1-23 against SEC opponents, since 2017.
Georgia at Arkansas:Odds, betting lines and picks
Georgia 42, Arkansas 7
Money line (ML)
Georgia (-3334) is a huge money line favorite in this contest despite being on the road. But as good as the Bulldogs have been over the last few seasons, this line actually says more about how bad Arkansas has been. As mentioned above, they have lost 19-straight games to SEC opponents and their last regular-season win came against Colorado State in mid-September last season. However, there just isn't enough value here to pick Georgia, so PASS on this line in favor of the money line.
Against the spread (ATS)
GEORGIA -28 (-110) opens this contest as four-touchdown favorites over Arkansas in the first game of the season. It's worth noting that Georgia is 5-2 ATS in its last seven games. Meanwhile, Arkansas has covered just four times in their last 12 games. Don't expect this game to be all that close and for Georgia to cover with relative ease on Saturday afternoon.
The total for this SEC contest is set at 52.5 points, which feels about right considering how much Arkansas has struggled on offense in their last 12 games. With the Razorbacks ushering in a new quarterback, don't be surprised if their offense gets off to a slow start. And while Georgia could easily hit the over here by themselves, they are also bringing in a new passer. Look for this game to come close to the 52.5 point total, but for the UNDER 52.5 (-110) to ultimately hit in Arkansas.
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.